F5J European Championship 2021
2021 FAI F5J European
Championship for Electric Powered Thermal Duration Gliders, seniors and
juniors (for male and female) is rescheduled to 2022, Szatymaz, Hungary. Confirmed by CIAM Bureau.
Dear F5J competitors and friends,
After more than 2 years of preparation, I regret to inform you that the Hungarian Modelling Association and the Szeged Modelling Society WILL NOT ORGANIZE the F5J European Championship in 2021.
The reasons for the decision are as follows:
1. The Covid-19 epidemic situation is continuously improving in Hungary and Europe.
2. In Hungary:
- We successfully organized the first F5J competition of the year on 8-9 May 2021, with 23 participants.
- Outdoor sports competitions can be organised for up to 500 participants
- There is no mask wearing requirement for outdoor events
3. However, there are still significant risks associated with Covid-19 across Europe.
- The epidemic is not yet over and diseases are still occurring
- Travel conditions and options between countries are uncertain.
- There are unpredictable quarantine obligations across Europe
4. Representatives of several countries have indicated that they have not been able to hold competitions and training sessions for the past 1.5 years due to the restrictions on Covid-19, thus not having the opportunity to prepare properly and select a national team.
5. Only 16 countries indicated their participation in the pre-registration, many of them only conditionally.
In view of the above conditions, we do not see possibility to organise the F5J European Championships in 2021.
If the Covid-19 epidemic situation allows, the Hungarian Modelling Association and the Szeged Modelling Society intend to organize the F5J European Championship in 2022.
Laszlo Marko (31-May-2021)